Reminder - November 1st is the Deadline to Submit Your Auction Item
This is a reminder to get your donation offerings in by or before November 1st, so the catalog can be prepared and ready for review and distribution the week prior to the big event!
Anyone who has submitted a paper form, email, or online donation: your submission will be personally acknowledged with a Thank you and the write up description mirrored back to you within the next two weeks. If you do not get an email, ask. Mistakes happen, and this is a two way flow of communication.
Deadline for Donation Information
November 1st. Sooner is better. Have a heart: last minute additions really make it hard for the team to get the catalog ready for review a week prior, and printed in time for auction night.
Tip for Hosting Group Events
If hosting a trip, class, meal, games, etc. with more than one or two winning bidders: please indicate a firm date with your donation information. It has been proven time and time again that trying to settle on a date to which twelve people can all attend has not been easy. Pre-set dates works really well, as those bidding usually know when they can attend an event.
Preview of Donation Items
OK, below are some interesting tidbits on offer that you can bid on November 11th. Or you can egg someone else on while having a grand time at the big auction party!
Classic offerings we look forward to year after year
- Mary's Magical Eggnog - Mary W.'s seasonal treat makes an appearance in 2018.
- 8 Hours of Home Repair: Greg K. "I will tackle about any thing, except painting."
- 4 Hour handyman Special: Doug C. Hire me to meet your Handyman needs. "You get 4 hours of my labor. Use it wisely."
- You know both these gents are very hard workers and will help you finish that repair or project, and get it done right!
- A Downton Abbey inspired formal tea: Denee and Rosemary bring back their springtime afternoon tea, this time with a 1914 flair.
Some new Offerings
- Mediterranean Moon dinner sponsored by the same dream team that brought you the amazing "Bella Luna" Italian experience and feast. This time, a visit to the eastern Mediterranean, with all the flavors and fun you'd expect. Calverts, Kashdans, and Mattiolis.
- Private voice lessons - 4 sessions: Margi P.
- Guided Hike to see the wild ponies at Grayson Highlands State park: Phillis C.
- A foreign film series - a movie and snacks from that country, in January, February, and March. Sign up for one, two or all three movies. (Denee and Tish)
- Dönner Dinner and board and card games by German designers. Dönner is a popular street food of Berlin. (Cindi H.)
- Garden Fresh Homegrown Asparagus - harvested at its peak from Ellen's organic garden. (Ellen B.)
- Progressive Supper in the Tree Streets (Calverts, Crosses, and Kleskes).
- Handcrafted necklaces and beaded earrings (Amber K.)
And much more! This is your teaser. These and more will be listed in detail in the Auction Catalog, which will be available a week prior to the auction.
If you would like to volunteer to host something but need ideas, contact Rosemary K. Why not partner with someone to host a simple game night with snacks, a movie night, or soup and games? The ideas and possibilities are limitless, and the benefits are profound.