To all HVUUC Men Achieving Community by Helping Others.
For our annual retreat weekend we are going up to Natural Tunnel State Park.
For those of you who haven't been, we've come to enjoy this park because the lodge we stay in is comfortable and spacious, there are lots of outdoor spaces and hiking trails and the park is only 35 miles from church - making day visits easy if you choose not to overnight in the lodge.
This year's events:
* Fossil hunt led by our Geologist-in-chief Michael L. Jones (Michael says bring a hand lens - I have several I will bring along)
* Frontier Muster and Trade Faire - A Revolutionary War re-enactment at the block house.
* Hikes long and short.
* Slum Dog UU contest - A UU quiz show
* Lawn Games
* Cards, board games - bring along your favorite.
* You are welcome to lead a group activity - in the past we have had guided meditations etc.
Please let me know if you are coming for all or part of this glorious spring weekend.
Also - here's your chance to cook up a storm. We need cooks for Friday night, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch is a make your own dang sandwich, because folks will be doing different events, Saturday dinner. Sunday morning we need to push off by 10 to get the church, so no formal meal there.
We usually try to carpool - look for more later on those arrangements.
To reserve your spot or for more info, contact Dave Calvert at firstname.lastname@example.org or MACHO-HVUUC@yahoogroups.com